Ernie Francis Jr.’s career record at just 22 years old in professional racing is a remarkable feat that very few have been able to accomplish. Starting to race at the early age of 4, Ernie Junior followed his father’s footsteps and passion for the art of racing automobiles. His mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting skills learned from his father as he grew up at the Breathless Pro Racing family business has highly contributed to his talent. Ernie Junior has spent several years testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and correcting issues with his racecar as well as shop client’s race cars. He is proficient in engine replacements, transmission rebuilds, welding, fiberglass repair, and metal fabrication. He also coaches clients and is involved in tire testing runs for one of the top tire manufacturers in the world.
His success is proven by all of his accomplishments throughout the years.
Ernie Junior’s career highlights are as follows:
· Winningest All Time Driver in 55 Years of Trans Am Racing
· Youngest Professional Driver to Win Consecutive Championships in the Trans Am TA Class – Surpassing Tommy Kendall
· Youngest Professional Driver to Win Seven Straight TA Championships 2014‐2020 at 22 years old
· 1 of 12 drivers selected for the 2021 Exclusive SRX Series founded by Ray Evernham and Tony Stewart
· SCCA Runoffs GT1 Champion in 2019
· Tested with Chip Ganassi Racing in the Ford GT GTLM at Daytona 2018
· Youngest TA Champion in history at 16 years old
· Youngest Winner of a FARA Race at 13 years old
· Selected to Drive in the NASCAR Diversity Series with Rev Racing for 2018, 2019